Monday 21 March 2011

Was going viral a "smart" move?



Jennifer Aniston goes viral for smartwater in a YouTube video that has received over 8 million views, almost 27 thousand likes, and nearly 10 thousand comments.

I like the video, and I think Jennifer is great in it. She's self deprecating, relatable and funny, and so is the video. It is quite the publicity move, as I've already talked about it with friends and discussed it in class as I'm sure many others have.

The only thing missing for me is a reason to actually buy smartwater. One of my friends absolutely loves it, and I've tried it as well and did actually like the taste. However, there wasn't much in the video that expressed the benefit of their product. Instead of Jennifer closing with:
"smartwater is the purest, best tasting water there is"
I think she could have listed actual facts about the product, as taste is really a matter of opinion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment