Friday 18 March 2011

Transporting a message


I saw this truck in traffic, and although you can't see it in this picture, it had a message on the back which read:
"At Schneiders we care
Please don't drink and drive"
I like the message. It isn't specifically plugging any charities they support or trying to get you to buy their product; it just gives you the feeling that the company is genuinely caring. This is an issue they should care about, as I'm sure they employ many truck drivers that could be affected by drunk driving, so it makes sense for them to highlight.

The truck is also very simple. It merely shows the logo and slogan along with their company colours. I think it really reinforces Schneiders brand image, which I see as letting the quality of their product speak for itself.

I never really thought of this before, but with all the time people spend in their cars, trucks can and should be utilized to reinforce brand images. It is important to consider what messages to display, and ensure that truck drivers are also representing the brand in a positive light.

No comments:

Post a Comment