Wednesday 23 March 2011

Dawn helps "clean" wildlife



I know this commercial isn't new, but recently I've seen it on TV quite often and I love it!

When I think of typical dish soap commercials, I think of those commercials where someone dips a greasy grimy plate in a sink full of soapy water and its magically clean with no scrubbing. They aren't all that believable (I only wish doing dishes was that easy!) and no brands really stand out. This commercial is different. It demonstrates how strong the product is with the oil and also how gentle it is, as they are using it directly on animals!

It also is promoting a great cause. Although as individuals we may not directly cause oil spills, we may support the companies involved, and the innocent animals affected deserve rescue.

I think this is a great way to promote the brand. I think its really well executed with the choice in music and use of subtitles over a demonstration. Dawn definitely stands out amongst the countless dish soap brands, and I personally would be willing to spend a little extra to support their cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment