Sunday 20 March 2011

Sandra's generosity





Sandra Bullock has donated $1 million to the American Red Cross in support of Japan. This is the largest celebrity donation the Red Cross has received so far, according to the article I read.

Being generous is nothing new for the star. In 2010 Sandra donated $1 million for Haiti relief and adopted a son from New Orleans.

Despite earning big headlines for charity work, it still feels very genuine. I think Sandra has been very successful in cultivating a positive public image, and it must take some work. She is very rarely in the tabloids for her personal life, although she has been famous for many years. I'll admit to being a follower of celebrity gossip blogs, and I feel like the only times I see her pictured are when she is on set, attending an event, or supporting some kind of charity event. Even when the public went wild with rumours about her husband, everyone assumed that Sandra was innocent.

Regardless of what Sandra is really like in person, her public persona is kind, giving, and down-to-earth, and I think that's part of what makes her such a big draw at the box office.

No comments:

Post a Comment