Thursday 10 March 2011

Take an optimism break



Maxwell House has chosen to incorporate a very popular YouTube video into their commercials. I recently saw this on TV and I really like it!

The original YouTube video has over 7 million views and more than 14,000 likes, so I think Maxwell House is trying to gain some of the positive brand associations the "Jessica's 'Daily Affirmation'" video already has. I know I had already seen the video online, so I immediately recognized it when I saw the commercial.

I think this video works for the brand because it fits with their "optimism" campaign. Companies can't just choose viral videos to add to their campaign because they are popular otherwise people will not connect the two brands.

The other video in this campaign involves a positive father-son story:



Overall I think the campaign will positively affect the Maxwell House brand. I think that using a real home video and a real story gives the brand some authenticity. You don't feel like they are blatantly trying to sell you their products, but instead trying to make you smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment