Friday 18 March 2011

Sorry, Charlie


Charlie Sheen seems to be everywhere these days. Whether you love him, hate him, or couldn't care less what outrageous comment he just made on some talk show, you really can't avoid him.

Or so I thought. Free Art & Technology have come up with a browser blocker to remove Charlie Sheen from your Internet browsing. I haven't tried it yet, but it is tempting!

I think Charlie's brand is in a really dangerous position right now. He may be more famous than ever, but it isn't sustainable, and clearly more than a few people are already sick of him.

I really don't believe the saying "there's no such thing as bad publicity". Managing publicity is very important for all brands in the public eye. This amount of media attention is not sustainable for Charlie, and it could very well backfire on his career. His crazy stunts may make for a great news story, but it will not be attractive to studio producers. I also think it could get to the point where the public loses interest.

With celebrities, its easy to think only of their public image, but we have to remember that they are people too. Despite how sick I am of hearing about Charlie Sheen, I hope that he gets his life together and gets some help.

No comments:

Post a Comment