Friday 1 April 2011

April Fools!



As we all know, today is April Fools Day! I hope any tricks played on you were all in good fun. WestJet decided to participate in the fun with the above video.

I think this is a fun way to promote the brand's core values (cost savings). Although the video is a joke, they do provide a link to a 10% off coupon in the description on YouTube. I know some people don't like being tricked no matter how obvious the joke, so I think providing a reward like that is necessary,

It seems to be getting positive feedback. One of the comments on YouTube was:
"WestJet... You're Amazing. This is Awesome. Best airline ever...
It hasn't exactly gone viral, with just under 2,500 views, but I don't think it was intended to. I still think its a good joke and a great idea for the brand!

No comments:

Post a Comment