Thursday 7 April 2011

"Reply All"



I know this is from the Super Bowl, but I just saw it for the first time right now and can't stop laughing.

I'm pretty sure everyone has hit "reply all" by accident at least once, and immediately gotten hit by a wave of embarrassment. I've done it so many times that, when I have a really important reply, I type in the email address manually!

I love the way Bridgestone subtly showed shots of the tires (never the whole car) throughout the commercial, then tied it together at the end.

Since it is a Super Bowl commercial, its a good way to grow brand awareness, and differentiate itself from competitors. I can't think of any other tire brands at the moment, but because of this commercial, I think the Bridgestone name will stick with me in the future.

I also think this commercial helps Bridgestone gain some positive brand associations. To me, the brand now seems creative (I would never think emails could promote tires!), has a sense of humour, while still seeming reliable.

No comments:

Post a Comment